Voltage and electric field detectors

Gas News Forum: OLD GAS FORUM: Plant,tools and Equipment: Voltage and electric field detectors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bryant (Mike) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 09:26 am: Edit Post

Tony has mentioned in passing a few times an electric field detector that can be used (amongst other things) to check whether a solenoid or modulating coil on a gas valve is active. I understand the device looks rather like those useful mains-voltage proximity detectors we all have these days ;-) and uses the Hall effect to sense the field.

Tony sells them I believe but last time this cropped up he said he was out of stock. Do you have any in yet Tony? Or does anyone else know the manufacturer and correct name for this bit of kit and where to get one from please?

Cheers, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blair (Jackruss) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 03:25 am: Edit Post

most heating spares suppliers will/ should stock them eg HRPC
I have only known them as a solenoid tester and yes they do look like a voltage stick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Tibbetts (Plombier) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit Post

Mike, search HRPC's web site for Regin M10 Magnet Tester - this is the beast you are looking for I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gradwell (Editor) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit Post

From Regin website Quote:
MAGNET TESTER SOLENOID VALVE TESTER - (REG T10)
Solenoid valve tester complete with 2-AAA batteries. The MAGNET TESTER is supplied with a test ring magnet which also enables this useful tool to be used as a torch. A lamp housed in the end of the unit lights up when a magnetic field is picked up by a sensor in the probe end Unquote

tester

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: